Broner-Maidana heats up in San Antonio



An enthusiastic crowd of hundreds of boxing fans turned out for an to the public press conference on the floor of the Alamodome Thursday as Golden Boy Promotions formally announced DANGER ZONE, headlined by a highly anticipated matchup between undefeated WBA welterweight champion Adrien “The Problem” Broner (27-0, 22 KOs) and former WBA junior welterweight champion Marcos “El Chino” Maidana (34-3, 31 KOs) on Saturday, December 14.

Adrian Broner: After I f**k him up on December 14, I’m willing to fight anybody. I don’t care. You can switch trainers all you want. You can train a different way. That sh*t ain’t gonna win you a fight. Skills win you fights. This is an individual sport. You can go lift weights with your teeth. You can go push cars for two months. That sh*t ain’t gonna help you in the ring man. I’m blessed. I got the skills to pay the bills and I got enough will, my last name could be Smith.

I don’t know if he’s faking that he doesn’t speak English. But after December 14, he’s gonna speak English and I don’t think the fight is going the full twelve rounds. I’m going for the knockout…The Argentine fighters are strong for six rounds. They can’t go much past six. This fight is over shortly after the sixth.

There’s a lot of people here that hate me, but y’all really love me. Hate is just love at the end of the day. Y’all just don’t know it yet. So after the performance I put on December 14, I hope my haters become fans because I love all y’all. And I’m not going to take nobody’s woman this fight. This ain’t that kind of fight.

Marcos Maidana: This is a fight I wanted. I wanted to fight the best. I wanted to fight for the title. Adrien Broner right now is the champion so I promise you I’m prepared now, but I’m going to get even better prepared with my team.

Every fight I’ve improved, I’ve changed things in my arsenal. Come December 14, you’re going to see a world champion in Chino Maidana. The key is to throw a lot of punches. Pressure him. Kick his ass. And that’s what I am going to do.



Source:fightnews 

0 comments:

Post a Comment